Life in Seattle
Seattle, Washington, noted for its lush evergreen trees, parks and waterfronts, is an exciting, culturally diverse major West Coast city. Located between the Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges, the "Emerald City" is consistently ranked among America's best places to live and work.
Learn more about these activities in Seattle:
Outdoor Recreation and Activities
- View gardens at Washington Park Arboretum and Japanese Gardens
- Exercise or relax at Alki Beach Park, Golden Gardens Park, and Green Lake Park
- Whale watch and cruise on the Victoria Clipper
- Whitewater raft on local rivers
- Taste wines and enjoy concerts at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery
- Tour, dine, and see a Native American presentation at Tillicum Village on Blake Island
- Bike, jog, rollerblade, or walk on the Burke-Gilman Trail
- Golf at numerous golf ranges
- Sail, kayak, or row on Lake Union, Lake Washington, Green Lake Park and the Waterfront Activity Center at the University of Washington.
- Ski or snowboard at Summit at Snoqualmie, Crystal Mountain, and Stevens Pass.
Shopping and Restaurants